2017년 8월 30일 수요일

The reason why singer IU confessed "more money than now is meaningless"


IU's interview with fashion magazine 'CeCi' regarding her thoughts on money in September 2015 is attracting attention among netizens again recently.

Q: Compared to the past, as you’re better off financially now, are you happier with your life now too? What does money mean to you?

There’s a saying that goes money can’t buy you happiness. Although it’s not wrong to say so, having more money does slightly increase your probability of becoming happier. As long as you’re not swayed by the numbers (and start to gamble and stuff). The sure thing is that money gives something good like confidence and feeling secure to people but it doesn't guarantee hapiness.
Recently, I had a conversation with mother about the topic of money. Although we’re earning a lot more than before, proportionally, we’re also spending more and it seems we’ve lost the value of money. Even though there was a time when we felt like we could breathe again if we could even get our hands on 100 thousand won (90 USD), seeing how I’m numb to even larger sums of money now, I feel like I’ve been deprived of times which i would have been happier.
So I thought about that. After much contemplation, I came to the conclusion that actually, I don’t need anything above my current assets and my parents agreed with me too.

The netizens who read article responded "I admire her humble mind and want to be like her", "So that's why she donate every year." and so on.





댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기